Finally . . . the Christmas shopping season is behind us! But, there are still good deals to be had if you know how to shop for them. We’re going to list some of the best things to buy in January and February. But we should be clear . . . . we’re NOT encouraging you to run out and start buying everything on this list. Only buy if needed, if budgeted, and you can do it debt free.
Much of this list comes from http://www.freeshipping.org and these items are generally priced lower this time of year, but there are no hard and fast rules, so shop around!
- Appliances. New models tend to hit stores late in the year, and when the new year rolls around, retailers often want to clear out “older” models.
- Carpet and flooring. People tend to fix up their homes before the holidays. So after the holidays, demand often drops and prices do as well.
- Gift cards. In January, there are people who received a gift card but would rather have cash . . . so they sell their gift cards on EBAY or at a website like GiftCards.com, so you can often find gift cards at a discounted price.
- Motorcycles. In much of the country, demand for motorcycles drops in January when the weather is cold. Demand goes down, and the price goes down.
- Christmas Wrapping paper and cards are cheaper as retailers are clearing out Christmas inventory
- Winter clothing. Retailers start thinking about trying to unload their winter inventory to get ready for spring, and the closer to spring you can wait, the better the deals.
Warmly in Christ,